My recent lack of productivity can be explained by a number of factors (love, work, lack of laptop), but I guess "laziness" pretty much does it justice. In my defence, we bears are very busy at this time of year, y'know, grubbing for bugs 'n' organising ursine uprisings 'n' stuff.
But come back next week (middle to end thereof), and you may find:
- A review of Malcolm McDowell's film Never apologise, which is egotistical.
- A review of Sonny Simmons and Tight Meat live on Seven Sisters Road earlier this week, which was erotic.
- A corrective to why organised labour was really emasculated in the early 80s, which is not so much because of legislation as monetarism.
- An explanation of why, by 1900, Hackney was pretty much doomed to a long future of deprivation, which was due to bad housing.
- A look back at the floods in the east of England in 1953, which were deadly.
The good, the bad and the queen, "Kingdom of doom"