Wednesday, March 26, 2008

IS IT OK IF I MEET YOU IN HEAVEN?

Don't be fooled by my links section down the side. Although I am not entirely IT-illiterate, I am allergic / barely able to sort out the background of my blog, and so the list of links has remained unchanged for two years, despite my accumulation of terrific blogs and websites.

The blog whose absence from my links should provoke the most outrage is Sit down man, you're a bloody tragedy (the tragedy being Ramsay MacDonald). Its writer, Owen, astounds, delights and terrifies me (the latter because of his sheer erudition). I was browsing through SDM's archives last night, when I came across this:


RACHEL STEVENS, "I will be there"

If it weren't March (a little too early for making predictions), and if it weren't 2005 (when this was actually released), and this had've been released as a single (which it wasn't), I'd proclaim it single of the year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good, but isn't it also St Etienne's Like A Motorway?

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel Stevens' second album will be one of those titles that music critics will rave about in a few years time as a lost classic of pop. Xenomania are said to have used her as a guniea pig, knowing the album would flop either way, as a test specimen before refining their sound on Girls Aloud. Sad that after reading all the blogs on politics and philosophy, the only blogspot I am qualified to respond to involves a former member of S Club 7.

And it does indeed sound very very like St. Etienne.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home